From Val's Desk

Sometimes when you are too poor to afford a psychologist, you can listen to your heart, sort things out, monitor your own growth, make decisions by writing things out... Some call it journaling...taking notes...bad poetry... Some experiences become understandable by giving them words...safely...privately on paper...to be shared when ready. It works...a cup of coffee...a yellow pad...a number 2 pencil...and a little time out....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

Monday, April 14, 2008

Watch Me March



Life is sad and ... life’s a bummer
I can’t even ... “hear” my drummer.

I’m so down...just got to rest.
I’m tired of doing... my level best.

Smile...they say...lift that chin...
Cause copping out is an awful sin.

Put one foot before the other...
Keep on thinking of your brother.

It’s other folk...who need the help.
You just forget about yourself.

Hey! That ain’t smart and that ain’t wise
Reckon it’s time to realize

I need help...I need a friend
Who’ll help my aching heart to mend.

To smile at me ...to look my way
And warm my heart...so I can say

“Life is real...Life is great
Now I got something ...to appreciate!”



October 1973...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home