From Val's Desk

Sometimes when you are too poor to afford a psychologist, you can listen to your heart, sort things out, monitor your own growth, make decisions by writing things out... Some call it journaling...taking notes...bad poetry... Some experiences become understandable by giving them words...safely...privately on paper...to be shared when ready. It works...a cup of coffee...a yellow pad...a number 2 pencil...and a little time out....

My Photo
Name:
Location: Spokane, Washington, United States

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Adding to the Sum of Me


Today I start to be
A person I want to be.

Every experience
Will add to the total sum of me:

Each book I read
Each time I laugh

Each time I listen to a song
Each time my feet rock and roll

Each time my heart sings because of
The beauty of the world around me

Each hour spent with others
Each time spent in solitude

Each service given others
Each time seeking a higher power

Each acceptance of my puny human existence
Each request for help from friends,

Every effort to resist resentment and self pity
Each attempt to turn away from shaming others.

Our truth is the sum total of our existence
I will strive to strengthen and nourish my truth.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home